Tuesday 12 August 2008

JoeGirl: 25 things you didn’t know

1. What is your full name? Joanne Tricia Lauzon

2. Do you love or hate your middle name? Not crazy about it.

3. Do you have any siblings? If yes, describe their genders and ages, and where you fit in...
Older adoptive sister, Debbie 40
Younger birth-sister, Sarah 26

4. If you work for money, explain:
Self-employed graphic designer and home décor consultant.
Dabbling in the sale of illustrated paper craft and beadwork.

5. If you work at home, raising your children, explain:
Raising my sons Quinn, 7 and Jake, 2.

6. What is the last thing you ate?
An extra tall glass of Matcha mixed with vanilla soy milk.

7. What is your favourite meal?
Ham, scalloped potatoes, pumpkin pie.

8. What is the physical characteristic you love most about yourself?
Usually my eyes and hair, but both are looking particularly gnarly these days.

9. What would you change or improve?
Hips and legs.

10. What is the personality trait you love most about yourself?
Sense of humour.

11. What would you change or improve?
My frustration/tolerance threshold.

12. How many close friends do you have (someone you could cry freely with)?
I’d say five: Kate, Terri, Derek, Laurie and Devon. Oh, and Andrew. And Kelly. That’s seven.

13. What is your biggest fear?
Losing my children—for a moment, or forever.

14. What is your proudest moment or accomplishment?
My son Quinn—he is amazing.

15. Describe 3 of your pet peeves:
1. Cardboard food boxes with those perforated tabs that are supposed to punch open with your thumb.
2. Gossip.
3. The card inserts that are stuffed into magazines.

16. What is your favourite season, and why?
I do love each season: Winter for skiing and the glorious, sparkling snow. Spring for all things new again. Summer for bare feet and bathing suits. Autumn for turning leaves and fleece socks.

17. If you could try something new, and be fearless about it, what would it
be?
I would go to school full-time for Interior Design, and do it 150%.

18. Is there somebody in your circle of friends or family of whom you are
jealous (no names, please)? If so, why?
Not jealous in an evil way, but envious of one whose house is exceptionally tidy and organized. Living in a house of boys, including my IMperfectionist husband, prevents this from ever being the case at my house.

19. Is there anybody in your circle of friends or family whom you admire
above all else? If so, why?
I would have to say my sister-in-law. She is always doing something inspiring—with her kids, her family or her friends.

20. Who would you most like to have come to your house for a weekend visit?
(Somebody you know or not, dead or alive...)
My birth father. He passed away before I had the chance to meet him. Am blessed to now have his parents and siblings in my life.

21. Of all the people in your life you have lost, who do you miss the most,
and why?
Any of my four Grandparents. They could have told me so many wonderful stories, but I never asked.

22. Of all the people in your life now, who do you wish you could spend more
time with?
Tied. My best friend Kate (who lives in Calgary, Alberta), and my sister Sarah. Actually, the list goes on and on…

23. Any regrets in your life so far? If yes, explain.
I regret not being more athletic. I was always afraid to try out for sports, even though I was quite interested from afar. I also regret not trying harder in math and sciences. We really need to encourage our children to try everything at least once, and to give it their very best effort.

24. Describe something most people don't know about you.
I prefer cake and cookie batter to the baked versions.

25. Are your toenails currently painted or plain?
Plain.

3 comments:

  1. so happy to know more about you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - these are cool, I'll try it out in another day or two!! My toenails are plain too, I gave up on nail polish this summer, it seems just easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Losing my children is my biggest fear by far! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete