Thursday 16 October 2008

Smart Canucks + Smart JoeGirl Readers!

Yay! Last evening, I received an email from the folks at SmartCanucks.ca, letting me know JoeGirl had been chosen as their first Canadian Blog Feature! My gut did a few somersaults, then wretched in horror, as I realized my current JoeGirl post was less than typical and, in fact was… pathetic.

I hopped over to SmartCanucks.ca to see what had been written about JoeGirl, and was actually quite relieved. Boo was clever enough to work my dry spell into their editorial, and asked readers to visit JoeGirl to make recommendations!

Before I bow down to those of you who did, I want to tell you quickly about SmarkCanucks.ca—and don’t stop reading just because you are South of the border, or elsewhere in the world. Not only does SmartCanucks track Canadian sale flyers, freebies, contests, promotions, coupons, rebates and other special deals—oh no! They also offer money-saving tips and tricks, regardless of your currency and location. And who doesn’t want to save a few bucks here and there? I just can’t imagine how they keep on top it it all! Kudos to SmartCanucks.ca!

So, to those of you who so generously offered me your support and encouragement, suggestions and advice yesterday… I thank you. I really needed some motivation, and you delivered in spades. The best blog audience ever, of this I am certain.

Melanie: Your blog never seems to be scarce on content. I often read yours in an attempt to stir something up for my own! I love your magazine idea. I’ll consider setting up some ‘departments’ to streamline my subject matter, and play within those guidelines. Awesome feedback!
Site ::: One in 36Million

Csquaredplus3: You have quickly become one of my favourite readers—and reads! Your comments are always helpful and encouraging. Thank you! I’ll try to reciprocate more than I have been lately ;)
Site ::: Csquaredplus3

Nancy: Wow! My first SmartCanucks referral! Thanks for visiting JoeGirl. I hope you return often! I like your ideas. I do try to touch on my graphic design work a bit, mostly in terms of downloads to help readers become better organized (hit Freebies in the “JoeGirl Talks About…” cloud, to the left)…, but for a closer look at my graphic design portfolio, you can always check out my corporate website at indetail.ca
Site ::: SpiffyKerms

Katie: Thanks for the encouragement. I have always preferred quality over quantity in most other aspects of my life, so you’re right. I shouldn’t be so hard on myself! Hope to see you at JoeGirl again soon!

Anonymous: Yes! Thanks for the brutal honesty—I asked for it!

les_mason_curt: Sweet Leslee, you’re just saying that because you won my first-ever giveaway and are looking for more cards ;) Kidding. You are adorable, and adored. Thanks for your feedback ;)
Site ::: Phillips101

Mightyattom: Holy cow. JoeGirl is “the most real and genuine experience (you’ve) had on the Internet in a really long time”??? I don’t even know how to respond. Wow. Thanks.

Verygoodyear: Awesome advice. Thank you. Glad you like my Etsy stuff too! I need to add more cards up there. Any requests?
Site ::: It Was A Very Good Year

QuirkyChrista: Christmas table ideas? Great idea! I’ll start working on that! Love your photography!
Site ::: Quirky: An Oddity of Behaviour

Thank you again to everybody who commented, and everybody who didn’t but came for a visit anyway.

Stay tuned…

2 comments:

  1. you are too silly! and your blog is great. i look forward to your reads every day. you have a very unique blog, no other blog that I read is like yours.... So many our there are all alike...

    Yes I do love your cars and have ahd a super hard time sening them out to people... I actually framed one of them and have it hanging in my little office...

    I do want a monogram in only black ink on a 4X6 card so that I can frame it and put it on my b&w family wall.. I want it to have a circular theme- make sence? e-mail me... you know where to tell me how much...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I've never heard of Smart Canucks before, so I'll be sure to check it out on a regular basis. They were certainly smart to highlight your blog :-)

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete