Tuesday 3 May 2011

My beautiful boy…

You took my breath away this morning.
Standing at the bathroom sink, you were brushing your long, beautiful, shaggy hair. Your lean, strong body bare, but for some wrinkled boxer shorts. On your face, you wore a new smile. A smile of confidence and pride. Proud to be Ten.

It was the exact same moment of breathlessness I felt the day you were born, when I caught you sleeping in your bassinet with the most radiant stroke of sunlight illuminating your white-blonde hair, instilling the most glorious warmth about you. Or perhaps it was your spirit.

Your spirit, Quinn, is the most beautiful essence. You shine so brightly. Your smile lights up my eyes. Your voice cheers my soul. Your embrace comforts my aches. Your wisdom has taught me more than any book. 

“You are what you choose to be.”
                                       —Quinn, age 8

I am so proud of who you are, and who you have yet to become. Keep shining.
Happy Birthday, my beautiful boy.
With every breath I love you more.


No comments:

Post a Comment