Tuesday 24 January 2012

Inspiration 365: Day 23

I didn’t write yesterday.

For all the wonderful things, people and experiences in my life, yesterday was a dark day. I went to sleep with tear-stained eyes and a heavy heart, my mind struggling with anxiety and fear. Not feelings I typically harbour, especially at the intensity at which they came on yesterday. So many rotten situations compounding at once. Of course, all opportunities for growth, though hard to see the light at the moment.

In hindsight, there were many inspirations yesterday:
  • Jake’s sweet dialogue about the phrase Sunday Night… “Mom, the words Sunday Night don’t make sense. Sun. Day. Night. It frustrates me, Mama.”
  • Quinn’s Kung Fu Panda 2 movie review for school, and A grades on two geometry assignments.
  • Rave reviews to my latest batch of JoeGirl Cookies.
  • Tara’s sweet thought for the day, about the gift of love.
  • Hot bath + red wine.
  • Nat’s offer of a contract project for the Westboro BIA.
  • The quirky employment application questionnaire from a local design agency. Forcing me to think about myself in a completely different way. Not such a bad thing.
For the record, I am currently looking for flexible full-time, regular part-time, or freelance design contracts. As you know, my best work comes in the form of publication design, colour and type selection, organization and time management.

So… what inspired YOU today?

{ Psst… I love to receive feedback on my posts. Please leave your comments whenever you feel inspired to do so! }

No comments:

Post a Comment