Saturday 11 February 2012

Inspiration 365: Day 42

One of the many things that excites me about working from home again, is the idea that I can book appointments to train at the gym with Marshall without any expectation or requirement to don my “staff” hat while I work out.

You may think because my boyfriend owns a gym, and because I spend my days working there, that I can train any time and should therefore be in the most amazing physical condition ever.

Not so.

In fact, working there has made it almost impossible for me to isolate quality training time when I don’t feel obligated to answer the phone, respond to questions, watch the front door or be otherwise distracted by business matters.

On weekends the gym closes at 6pm. I knew Marshall had no late afternoon appointments, so I logged into the schedule from home, booked myself in, and surprised him at 5pm for a training session.

I was on fire—so excited to train with no other cares in the world. Simply to give my workout 100% concentration, effort, and enthusiasm.

4 sets of 12 deep squats, 12 deep bench press, 8 frogs, 12 hammers; followed by 3 sets of 12 box jumps and 8 dumbbell swings. 

Tonight’s workout reminded me how much I love training. All the more reason to secure regular freelance design contracts on which I can work from home, so I can continue setting regular unencumbered appointments at the gym with my most amazing personal trainer.

{ Psst… I love to receive feedback on my posts. Please leave your comments whenever you feel inspired to do so! }

No comments:

Post a Comment