Friday 8 December 2006

We have a tooth!

Yesterday morning I thought Jake looked feverish – rosy cheeks, warm all over. I took his temperature and he was cool as a cucumber. Hmpf. I felt around on his lower gums expecting to find a tooth, but nothing. Just a whole lotta spit.

Last night while watching Survivor, at about 8:55pm (exactly 24 weeks after his birth!), Jake was nursing and I felt, much to my surprise, a little scratchy scratch! Poked around inside his mouth again and ALAS! His very first tooth is indeed poking through his lower gumline. Feels much like a razor sharp grain of sand. Would need a super-intense zoom on a very expensive camera to capture anything at this point (it’s not even visible to the naked eye), so you’ll just have to use your imaginations.

Hasn’t affected his mood any... yet. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Olivia has told me that Tomas has also cut a tooth. They grow up so quickly! Looking at flights today, thinking of coming home May 7th to about the 11th... possibly 19th of June . See you then!
    x Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete