Friday 7 August 2009

Palette: Day Lilies

As I gazed out my office window just moments ago, I spotted some freshly bloomed Day Lilies, just waiting to be enjoyed and appreciated. As I created the palette, I was struck by the wonderful tension the pollen’s ochre colour provides against the pinks and aubergines. How fabulous this would be in, not only a school-aged girl’s space, but also a teen’s or even an adult escape.

Imagine dark wood floors, white furnishings, and lots of texture in fabrics and layers.

“Day Lilies”: Pantone 182C, 7423C, 7421C, 131C

Pantone is a colour system used primarily by graphics professionals and offset printers. As always, if you’d like to know paint equivalents for these colours, simply post a comment with your request, and I will be oh-so-happy to oblige!

No comments:

Post a Comment