Wednesday 3 February 2010

A work in progress…

Ta Da! Wow! What a change! I am still tweaking the colour palette, but for the most part, you have just discovered the new JoeGirl™ environment. Welcome!

My esteemed brand designer, Wayne, presented me with the fabulous JoeGirl™ wordmark and logo you now see at the top of the page. Between the two of us (remember, I am also a graphic designer), we made a few minor tweaks and settled on what you see before you. I could not be more pleased with the result.

I was looking for a brand to promote the JoeGirl concept “Live Your Spirit!™”, targeting primarily women, but not to exclude men, of course. The brand had to move easily from the big picture, into more specific arenas, like JoeGirl™ Fitness, JoeGirl™ Wellness, and JoeGirl™ Apparel—lots of plans in the works, people!

The slab serif typeface plays well into what I have been using for JoeGirl all along, collegiate and strong, yet not gender-specific. The figure (who needs a name!) is also gender-neutral, but is so clearly jumping for joy, s/he just makes my heart sing every time I see him/her!

Stay tuned for further enhancements to the design of JoeGirl.com. Your feedback is welcome and encouraged, as always.

Thanks for reading!
Joe

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks fantastic, I really love it! Great job, for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new design, and the "spirit" that is evident in "Who is this Joegirl?". Nicely done... I can see why you're so pleased. Just one tiny, wee comment. The white on orange (tangerine?) is not as easy to read as your previous incarnation...but that's probably because I'm getting really old! :-)
    Congratulations Joanne! xoxox
    Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cheerful and inspiring! I love your logo he/she person. Very joyful

    I agree with Crafty Mom... just a tiny bit of feedback. Light text on a dark background has been popular over the past few years. It seems many male bloggers LOVE white text on black backgrounds. Regardless, it's very hard on the eyes. Maybe you could tone the orange down, and pump the creamy text to a heavy grey. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! It is so cheery and bright, just like you are :)
    I can't wait to see what you will do with this site next!

    ReplyDelete